- Quilt Market will be here in May! They are collecting Quilts of Valor Quilts and we are invited to donate. Handiquilter will provide the batting for donated Q of V quilts.
- HQ Academy in Layton. June 8-11, 2016. See handiquilter.com for details
- Utah Quilt Guild: In need of a South Davis rep.
- We've been encouraged to sign up for Smiths Rewards on the Smith website under Community Rewards. Must have a Smiths card first. A portion of all your purchases will be given back to the guild.
- April 16 is the deadline for quilt entries.
- Need volunteers – Contact Gayle Hansen to schedule 801-571-7818. Specifically need volunteers on Tues afternoon and Wed to hang the quilts.
- There is a special exhibit of 500 quilts this year – you won’t want to miss this!
Speaker: Nancy Allen
Thanks for the beautiful trunk show and the history of making your book, “Triple Play Scrap Quilting”. It shows 3 different approaches to quilting. 1. A planned color scheme. 2. Using a fabric collection. 3. Scrappy. It was fun and informative. Nancy suggests looking on thousandsofbolts.com for backing fabrics. Another good resource is quiltshops.com. It finds all the shops that carry a line you are looking for.
Reporting on our red and white quilting day
We had great fun and got lots done. We need another quilting day to sew it into blocks and then sew the blocks together. We had tentatively planned on April 30th and Diane had volunteered her house. After the very successful day we had at the church that Nancy had scheduled for us, it was decided that that location was ideal, in terms of parking and ease of access. So Nancy is trying to get that church on the 30th of April so we can work some more on this.
Theme is Christmas. Buy a $5 stocking to decorate and donate. There will be a drawing for a sewing machine for contributors. The stockings with be donated to children.