Wednesday, July 25, 2012

July 2012 meeting

We had a great meeting last weekend. For those of you who missed it we had amazing food, a great show and tell with quilted and un-quilted tops, an excellent lesson on accounting by , and there were some really cool gadgets shown. My favorite was the spirograph tool. Worth checking out!

Our president Val also showed us how to add a binding to our quilts on the longarm. If you want a quick review you can see a video on www.kimmyquilts.com. Click on her blog.

If you are interested in adding your business to the quilters reference guide you can add a business card for free, or pay for a spot the deadline is Aug 1. Check out www.quiltersreferenceguide.com for more information.

Thank you to all of the guild members who were willing and able to take a quilt top to do for Phoenix Quilts. You can visit their website at www.phoenixquilts.blogspot.com for info on how to return the quilts - or bring them to the next meeting in September.

Don't forget that our September meeting is going to be held at Rocky Mountain Electric Quilters in Sandy.

Happy Quilting!


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to tell you about Phoenix Quilts (aka Operation Wood Hollow) and for being so willing to help with the quilting of so many quilt tops! I wasn't sure how many of the quilt tops would be taken and was pleasantly surprised when they all were! All 60 of them!!! I shouldn't have been surprised, though . . . I've found that quilters are the most generous group of people I've ever met!!! I know the recipients of these quilts will receive much comfort from these quilts! Thank you for helping me do something I could NEVER do myself!!! =D

    I will be at the meeting in September to pick up the quilts. If you have any questions you can send an e-mail to julie@cut.net.

    Hugs!!!

    ~ Julie ~

    ReplyDelete