These were found in a Singer Sewing Machine manual from 1949...
1. Prepare yourself mentally for sewing.
2. Think about what you are going to do...never approach sewing with a sigh or lackadasically.
3. Good results are difficult when indifference predominates.
4. Never try to sew with a sink full of dirty dishes or beds unmade.
5. When thereare unrent housekeeping chores, do these first so your moind id free to enjoy sewing.
6. when you sew, make yourself as atractive as possible. Put on a clean dress.
7. Keep a bag full of French chalk newar your sewing machine to dust your fingertips at intervals.
8. Have your hair in order, lipstick and powder put on and with you constantly, fearful that a visitor will drop by or your husband will come home and you will not look neatly put together. Otherwise you will not enjoy your sewing as you should.
How times have changed! And keep that makeup handy!